|COURSE : ADVANCED TOOLS AND TECHNIQUES OF AUDITING CAATTs|
|Course Overview||In light of the increasing demand on auditors to make the audit more effective and efficient, this paper presents a brief summary of the most prominent computer assisted audit tools and techniques (CAATTs), which auditors can use to increase audit efficiency and effectiveness. Additionally, the results of a survey of governmental auditors which inquired about their perceptions of a specific type of CAATTs (generalized audit software proxied by the use of Audit Control Language or ACL) are presented. Results show that auditors seemed to perceive the potential benefits associated with ACL; however, they displayed a lower confidence in their technical abilities in using the application. Also, the auditors surveyed expressed a desire to increase their skills through increased ACL training. Taken together, these results give audit decision makers evidence that additional technical training is needed and desired by auditors.
|Training Duration||Total Training Hours : 28-30 Hours
Training Duration : 1 Week
Total Training Days : 4-5 Working Days
|Training Schedules||Weekdays (Sunday to Thursday)Regular Sessions : 4 Hrs Per day
WeekEnds (Friday & Saturday)Fast Track Sessions: 6-8 Hours per day
|Certifications:||1) Certificate from Laurels Training Institute, Attested by Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) government of Dubai, UAE
2) Certificate from American Institute of Professional Studies (AIPS) from USA (After 15 Days of course Completion which will couriered to the attendees office address)
|Course Material||Hard & Soft Copies of Study Material|
|Language of Instruction||English|
2. Social Media (For Emergency requirements)
|Registration Requirements||1. Passport Copy
2. Curriculum Vitae
3. Passport size photographs
4. Course Fee
|Mode of Payment:||Cash / Cheque / Credit Card / Bank Transfer.|
(Who should attend this training)
|For all in the field of Audit and finance
Appreciate the role of testing within the context of the internal audit process
Design tests focused on achieving test objectives and meeting assurance requirements
Select and apply sampling techniques that will help to ensure test objectives are achieved
Appreciate the different ways in which a range of Computer Assisted Audit Tools and Techniques (caatts) can be used to support testing activities
Conduct tests and document test results in a manner that will help to ensure accuracy, efficiency, integrity and confidentiality
Interpret test results and develop conclusions that are supportable with appropriate evidence
Present test results to management in a manner that will contribute to obtaining agreement on any actions that may be required
Understand how to develop and preserve relationships whilst maintaining high ethical standards.
|Course Contents / Outline||
1. Mission of internal audit and the audit model
2. Internal control environment and risk in the control environment.
3. Compare the roles and responsibilities of the board of directors and the audit committee, and executive management and management-level committees.
4. Audit engagement responsibilities of an audit manager.
5. Identify audit manager responsibilities for audit planning, including defining the audit plan, setting the audit budget, resources, and schedule, project management tools, and reviewing the risk assessment, risk matrix, and internal controls.
6. Identify audit manager responsibilities for audit fieldwork, including effective monitoring and feedback, and root cause analysis.
7. Identify audit manager responsibilities as they relate to audit reports and audit wrap up.
8. QAIP Framework and the formal quality assurance standards that the internal audit function is required to follow.
Identify key concepts necessary to supervising and developing staff.
Identify leadership skills necessary for audit managers
Identify strategies necessary for managing change effectively.
Identify strategies necessary for managing relationships and marketing the internal audit function from an audit manager perspective.
Identify innovative problem solving techniques.
9.Collaborate, contribute, consume and create knowledge around topics such as data extraction and analysis tools (MS Access, MS Excel, CAATs, etc.), audit sampling methodologies & techniques, report writing, and resource planning.
10. Role of testing within the context of the internal audit process
11. Design tests focused on achieving test objectives and meeting assurance requirements
select and apply sampling techniques that will help to ensure test objectives are achieved
12. Different ways in which a range of Computer Assisted Audit Tools and Techniques (CAATTs) can be used to support testing activities
13. Conduct tests and document test results in a manner that will help to ensure accuracy, efficiency, integrity and confidentiality
14. Interpret test results and develop conclusions that are supportable with appropriate evidence
15. Present test results to management in a manner that will contribute to obtaining agreement on any actions that may be required
16.Understand how to develop and preserve relationships whilst maintaining high ethical standards.